|Poul E. Heegaard|
☎ Phone: +47 73 59 43 21
☎ Cell: +47 992 86 858
- Master's Degree (Siv.ing.) in 1989 from Division of Computer Systems and Telematics, NTH (now NTNU) while working as a Teaching assistant (1988-1989). Thesis title: “Transient dependability properties in distributed systems”.
- Research Scientist (1989-1999) and Senior Research Scientist from 1999 at SINTEF Telecom and Informatics
- PhD degree (Dr.ing.) in 1998 from Department of Telematics, NTNU while working as Research Scholar (1994-1998). Thesis title: "Efficient simulation of network performance by importance sampling".
- Associate Professor at Department of Telematics, NTNU, in adjunct position (20%) in 1999-2003, reduced position (50%) in 2003-2006), and full time position since 2006. Coordinator of Network Research area 2006-2009.
- Research Scientist (1999-2001) and Senior Scientist (2001-2009) at Telenor Research and Development
- Visiting researcher (March, 2007) hosted by Dr. Sandmann at University of Bamberg, Germany
- Head of Department, Department of Telematics, NTNU (2009-2013)
- Professor at Department of Telematics, NTNU (2010-current)
- Head of NTNU QUAM-lab (2015-current)
- TTM4110 Dependability and Performance with Discrete Event Simulation (textbook [EHHP14]) [subject responsible]
- TTM4120 Dependable Systems (now TTM4158). [subject responsible when Prof Helvik was on sabbatical leave 2005]
- TTM4185: Security and Robustness in ICT system (first time spring-2016)
[EHHP14] Peder J. Emstad, Poul E. Heegaard, Bjarne E. Helvik, Laurent Paquereau. “Dependability and performance with discrete event simulation”. 2014. 278 s. NTNU
- Dependability in interdependent, interacting, complex systems of system
- QoS evaluation and management in communication systems and services
- survivability quantification
- Monitoring, routing and management in dynamic networks
- Distributed, autonomous and adaptive management and routing
- Rare event simulation techniques