|Poul E. Heegaard|
☎ Phone: +47 73 59 43 21
☎ Cell: +47 992 86 858
- Master's Degree (Siv.ing.) in 1989 from Division of Computer Systems and Telematics, NTH (now NTNU) while working as a Teaching assistant (1988-1989). Thesis title: “Transient dependability properties in distributed systems”.
- Research Scientist (1989-1999) and Senior Research Scientist from 1999 at SINTEF Telecom and Informatics
- PhD degree (Dr.ing.) in 1998 from Department of Telematics, NTNU while working as Research Scholar (1994-1998). Thesis title: "Efficient simulation of network performance by importance sampling".
- Associate Professor at Department of Telematics, NTNU, in adjunct position (20%) in 1999-2003, reduced position (50%) in 2003-2006), and full time position since 2006. Coordinator of Network Research area 2006-2009.
- Research Scientist (1999-2001) and Senior Scientist (2001-2009) at Telenor Research and Development
- Visiting researcher (March, 2007) hosted by Dr. Sandmann at University of Bamberg, Germany
- Head of Department, Department of Telematics, NTNU (2009-2013)
- Professor at Department of Telematics, NTNU (2010-current)
- TTM4110 Dependability and Performance with Discrete Event Simulation (textbook [EHHP07]) [subject responsible]
- TTM4120 Dependable Systems. [subject responsible when Prof Helvik was on sabbatical leave 2005]
[EHHP07] Peder J. Emstad, Poul E. Heegaard, Bjarne E. Helvik, Laurent Paquereau. Dependability and performance with discrete event simulation. : Tapir akademiske forlag 2009. 278 s. NTNU
- QoS evaluation and management in communication systems and services
- rare event simulation techniques
- survivability quantification
- monitoring, routing and management in dynamic networks
- distributed, autonomous and adaptive management and routing
(Search my publications on Google scholar)
- Jonas Wäfler and Poul E. Heegaard. “Structural Dependability Analysis in Smart Grid under Simultaneous Failures”. In proceeding from IEEE SmartGridComm 2013 Symposium - Cyber-Physical WAMPAC. Oct 21-24, 2013. Vancouver, Canada
- Bjørn Villa and Poul E. Heegaard. “A Measurement Study of Active Probing on Access Links”. In proceeding from 19th EUNICE Workshop on Advances in Communication Networking, 28-30 August 2013, Chemnitz, Germany.
- Jonas Wäfler and Poul E. Heegaard. “Interdependency Modeling in Smart Grid and the Influence of ICT on Dependability”. In proceeding from 19th EUNICE Workshop on Advances in Communication Networking, 28-30 August 2013, Chemnitz, Germany.
- Lang Xie, Poul E. Heegaard, Yuming Jiang. “Modeling and Quantifying the Survivability of Telecommunication Network Systems under Fault Propagation”. In proceeding from 19th EUNICE Workshop on Advances in Communication Networking, 28-30 August 2013, Chemnitz, Germany.
- Bjørn J. Villa, Poul E. Heegaard. “Improving Fairness in QoS and QoE domains for Adaptive Video Streaming”. International Journal On Advances in Networks and Services. IARIA. 2012. pp 291 - 303. ISSN 1942-2644. [download]
- Razib Hayat Khan, Fumio Machida, Poul E. Heegaard, and Kishor S. Trivedi. “A Performability Modeling Framework Considering Service Components Deployment”. International Journal On Advances in Networks and Services. IARIA. 2012. pp 346 - 366. ISSN 1942-2644. [download]
- Razib Hayat Khan, Poul E. Heegaard and Kazi Wali Ullah “Performance Evaluation of Distributed System Using SPN”. Chapter 11 in “Petri Nets - Manufacturing and Computer Science”, pp. 257-293, Edited by Pawel Pawlewski (492 pages), InTech, August 29, 2012, ISBN: 978-953-51-0700-2, 2012.
- Kuipers, Fernando A.; Heegaard, Poul E. (Eds.). "Self-Organizing Systems". 6th IFIP TC 6 International Workshop, IWSOS 2012, Delft, The Netherlands, March 15-16, 2012, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 7166. 2012, 130 p. ISSN 0302-9743. e-ISSN 1611-3349. ISBN 978-3-642-28582-0. e-ISBN 978-3-642-28583-7. [DOI]
- Ameen Chilwan, Astrid Undheim and Poul E. Heegaard. “Effects of Dynamic Cloud Cluster Load on Differentiated Service Availability”. In proceedings from the 6th IEEE International Workshop on Performance Modeling and Evaluation in Computer and Telecommunication Networks, Munich, Germany. Jul 30 - Aug 2, 2012.
- Razib Khan and Poul Heegaard. “From UML to SRN: A Performability Modeling Framework Considering Service Components Deployment”. The Eighth International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS 2012). March 25-30, 2012 - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
- Bjørn J. Villa and Poul E. Heegaard. “Improving Perceived Fairness and QoE for Adaptive Video Streams”. The Eighth International Conference on Networking and Services (ICNS 2012). March 25-30, 2012 - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
- Poul E. Heegaard and Kishor S. Trivedi. “Network Survivability Modeling and Quantification”. Tutorial at “The 23rd International Teletraffic Congress”. September 6-8, 2011, San Francisco, USA. Slides are available here.
- Jonathan Brugge, Laurent Paquereau, Poul E. Heegaard. “Experience Report on Implementing and Simulating a Routing Protocol in NS-2 and NS-3”. In proceedings from The Second International Conference on Advances in System Simulation (SIMUL-2010), August 22-27, 2010 - Nice, France.
- Lang Xie, Poul E. Heegaard, Jin Zhang, Jie Xiang. “System State aware Admission Control scheme for IEEE 802.16 WiMAX-based healthcare system”. In proceedings from 6th International Wireless Communication & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2010). June 28 - July 2, 2010, Caen, France.
- Mate Csorba, Poul E. Heegaard and Peter Herrmann. “Component Deployment Using Parallel Ant-nests”. International Journal on Autonomous and Adaptive Communications Systems (IJAACS). ISSN (Online): 1754-8640. ISSN (Print): 1754-8632. InderScience publishers.
- Poul E. Heegaard, Bjarne E. Helvik, and Otto J. Wittner The Cross Entropy Ant System for Network Path Management. Telektronikk Special issue on Network analysis, 2008, vol. 104(1), p 19-40.
- Poul E. Heegaard. Empirical Data from Mobile and IP Telephony. Journal of Communication Software and Systems (JCOMSS). March 2008. vol 4(1), pp 54-61, ISSN 1845-6421